Covid 19 advice for visitors
Florence Nightingale instigated the Wash Your Hands message in her Notes On Nursing in 1859 so you won’t be surprised to learn that we’re asking you to follow her advice when you visit us. To make sure you do it properly, Florence herself will greet you on arrival to show you how it’s done (be warned, she can be quite strict!). She also campaigned for decades for improved cleanliness for better public health, so we’ll be following in her footsteps to keep you safe during your visit.
We are open four days a week, Thursdays to Sundays, 10.15 to 16.30.
To enable everyone to maintain social distancing, we are limiting the number of people within each time slot. So to guarantee entry please click here to book your tickets but if numbers allow we will be allowing some walk-in visitors, so if you’re passing do pop-in! Pass holders and those entitled to free entry must also pre-book using this system. To ensure you have time to see everything and browse in our shop each visit will be 75 minutes.
We will be asking all visitors to observe social distancing of at least 1m+ and in line with government advice visitors must wear a face covering in the museum.
UPDATE 22 OCTOBER:
As more parts of the UK enter higher tiers of alert, please be reassured that the Florence Nightingale Museum is following the UK Government guidelines and changes closely. Whilst London has moved into Tier 2, we’re operating as normal but the main difference is that visitors can only visit with people from their households or designated support bubbles. Please bear this in mind when booking your tickets.
Exclusive group visits
If you wish to visit as a group Thursday to Sunday you will need to pre-book timed ticket slots for each member of your group and social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times (currently people must be in separate groups of no more than six). We are also able to offer exclusive-use of the museum for pre-booked groups on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays when we are closed to the general public.
Enhanced safety measures
– Please wash your hands when you arrive and use the hand sanitiser we’ve provided throughout the museum. Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided at the entrance.
– Masks are now mandatory (unless you are exempt due to health conditions) as of 08 August
– We have installed a splash-screen at our admission desk where you show your pre-booked ticket
– Only contactless payment will be allowed in our shop. You can browse the shop online before you come.
– We organised a professional deep clean of the museum prior to opening and it is professionally cleaned each morning.
– Headphones and digital/touch screens will be cleaned regularly throughout the day
– Staff and volunteers will be on hand to offer advice
– Our cloakroom will be closed and no large bags will be allowed in the museum/galleries
– Prams and strollers will be allowed in the galleries
– Our FNM Covid Risk Assessment is available for you to read here
– We have been awarded the Visit Britain ‘Good To Go’ mark re our Covid 19 preparations