Florence Nightingale instigated the Wash Your Hands message in her Notes On Nursing in 1859 so you won’t be surprised to learn that we’re asking you to follow her advice when you can visit us! She also campaigned for decades for improved cleanliness for better public health, so we’ll be following in her footsteps to keep you safe during your visit.
– Please wash your hands when you arrive or use the hand sanitiser we’ve provided throughout the museum. Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided at the entrance
– Masks are no longer mandatory but you are welcome to wear a mask if you would feel more comfortable doing so
– We organised a professional deep clean of the museum prior to opening and it is professionally cleaned each morning
– Headphones and digital/touch screens will be cleaned regularly throughout the day
– Staff and volunteers will be on hand to offer advice
– Prams and strollers will be allowed in the galleries