We are recruiting youth engagement volunteers as part of an international research project working with young people. Applications are invited from anyone aged 14-19 who has an interest in history, museums and heritage and/or supporting the Lambeth and Southwark communities and would like to gain skills in visitor engagement and museum education work.
This Programme will be a mixture of time spent in the museum and volunteering from home. We will be looking at how we can engage audiences online in particular young people. Some of the things we will be working on are; twitter takeovers, video talks and blog posts. We will also explore opportunities to learn new skills and create exciting content.
- Co-create and deliver talks and tours in the museum and online
- Run object handling stations for visitors
- Organise and run events for other young people in the museum and online
- Help with social media, marketing and promoting the museum for young people
- Share ideas and discuss current issues
- Learn about working in a museum
- Gain CV boosting experience and new practical skills
- Learn about Florence Nightingale, her legacy and the history of nursing
For the full role description, click here
Applications for 2020 are currently closed. Please check back in 2021