This painted and leaded glass ‘lancet’ window panel was discovered in store in Guy’s Hospital in 2017. The glass panel may have come from Riddel House- a nurse’s home established for St. Thomas’ Hospital and the Nightingale Training School. This glass portrait of Florence may have been the only surviving treasure from the home. The panel dates from the early 20th Century and is on display in the museum.
All shop sales support the Florence Nightingale Museum, a registered charity, and its work.
Nightingale badges were awarded to nurses at the end of their training at the Nightingale Training School at St. Thomas’ Hospital from 1925-1992. The bright blue colour of the enamel was inspired by the ribbon of the Order of Merit awarded to Florence Nightingale in 1907.
This paperweight features the Nightingale Training School Badge in it’s centre.
All shop sales support the Florence Nightingale Museum, a registered charity, and it’s work.